Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Peanuts

If you travel often you might appreciate my need. I wanted peanuts. Sure the snack mix is good but when I sit in the seat I need real peanuts to be comfortable. Maybe it's just something I've developed over the years. So I say to the young lady, "The snack mix is OK and I don't need a drink - but I must have peanuts!" A few minutes later she brings me cashews (wow!) that she was able to 'swipe' from first class. What a memorable experience! She did that for me and made my day! Yes I'm a simple man - but little things do make a difference.

(A little learning here if I may. I paid hundreds of serious $US dollars for the flight and the 'wow' factor is a couple of packages of cashews. Sounds rather insignificant. But then again, if the stats for this site are correct the two packages of peanuts will have led me to tell about 100,000 people this month about the wonderful experience I had flying American Airlines. Gotta chew on that one for a bit.)

(A little more learning. So the young lady had to 'sort of' break the rules to satisfy and inadvertantly 'wow' a customer. Gotta think about them rules. I hope she doesn't get into trouble because from now on American will always be my first or second choice - right up there anyway. Have to let that one sink in a bit - have to break the rules to wow a customer ... hmmm.)

No comments: